The best film in the franchise! Finally the saga offered something fresh and alive (despite majority of the characters being dead) First of all let me just say how disappointed I was in the last film, Breaking Dawn Part 1. I just watched it recently for the sake of understanding what would be going on in part 2 and for two hours it bored me to death with its lousy pacing and an anticlimactic story. So as I entered the movie house earlier I expected a lot since this is the last film in the franchise and I am very thankful that it did redeem itself.
The film started off with the opening credits accompanied by awesome video editing and music selection and then it proceeded to where the last film left off. Bella looks better as a vampire to be honest. Although she's still expressionless in some scenes, I have to say it's better compared to the previous films. I have to praise Kristen Stewart in this film because her acting improved quite well and she gave life to the whole vampire wife/mother character. Character development was a crucial key in this movie's success and I think the whole cast did a pretty good job at it.
What I love about the film is that it stayed true to the novel's content despite a few cuts and modifications. I have read the book years back and watching the film reminded me of a few details that I have already forgotten.
Breaking Dawn Part 2 really improved especially in terms of SFX. There were lots of it as a matter of fact since the film included new characters including more vampires and werewolves. The different powers of the vampires were really astonishing although it could have been further explored throughout the movie.
What I really loved most in the movie is the fight scene. It was intense, awesome and exhilarating. Technically speaking I know the ending of the movie since it's based on the book which I have read but the fight scene would really leave everyone in the edge of their seats and not even think about the ending. It's an 'in the moment' scene. When you read the book already, it adds more excitement and tension and you will know why once you've watched it. But there's a huge twist by the end of the fight scene and it can either piss you off or amuse you. As for me it pissed me off first and then it amused me.
The movie was great if you compare it to its predecessors but it could have been better in order to compete with other films outside its franchise. But nevertheless, I can say that it wasn't a waste of money. I suggest you watch it even if you're not a fan and comment your thoughts about the movie down below.
Rating: 3/5

2 comments:
Wanna watch iiiiiiiiiiiit. Gross sobbing. *^*
Thanks for reviewing!
I wait the movie.
In my country, tomorrow, the movie will be shown in cinema. :D
Post a Comment