Saturday, April 6, 2013

Movie Catch Up!

I've been gone for a long time and I've watched numerous movies already that I wasn't able to give a review to. So I hope this makes up for it.


1. Life of Pi

Aesthetically wonderful, not to mention the plot that goes with it. It may be a bit boring once in a while but it would all make sense by the end. It can be a bit confusing if you don't listen well.


2. Les Miserables


First movie to ever make me cry in the cinemas. Outstanding performance by the actors. Hands down, a great film.


3. Warm Bodies


Romantic and cute. Has the tendency to be cliche but it all works by the end. I expected so much more from it though but it was good nonetheless.


4. Upside Down


Very anti climatic ending. It was a bit draggy. The climax was good and made you expect something but it would leave you hanging and probably even pissed. But nice concept.


5. A Good Day To Die Hard


I expected a lot from this film since I'm a huge fan of the series. Sadly it sucked. Too unbelievable. Too much action that left the story in mid-air.


6. Jack The Giant Slayer


Never really expected from a fairy tale adaptation. It was tolerable nonetheless.


7. Stoker


Love the film. Great story line. Great characterization and a great performance from all the actors.


8. Oz: the Great & Powerful


Started off good, let me down halfway through, nice ending. Great visuals and SFX though.


9. The Croods


Entertaining and hilarious. It was lengthy though, could have done better if some unnecessary scenes were cut out.


10. Apartment 1303


Crappy movie. Wooden acting, bad story.


11. G.I. Joe: Retaliation


Didn't live up to the hype. Too much fight and action scenes that it clouded the story. I saw great potential in it though. Some scenes were overly-exaggerated just like the destruction of London. 



This is basically what I missed to write a review to. I'll be doing my best to continue this blog from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment